The year 2019 was busy, and produced exciting results, for the Energy Smart Colorado program in the Eagle Valley, administered by the Energy Programs team at Walking Mountains. Following are the 2019 achievements:
- 170 homes received comprehensive home energy assessments through the Energy Smart Colorado program, visits included efficiency tips and upgrade recommendations; 152 of these homes received quick fixes installed at the visit, saving energy instantly.
- 36 income-qualified homes completed CARE (Colorado Affordable Residential Energy program) with customized efficiency information & education at the home and free efficiency upgrades completed including: air-sealing, insulation, Energy Star refrigerators, programmable thermostats, furnace/boiler tune-ups, Energy Star furnaces, LED lighting, storm windows, and low-flow water fixtures.
- 608 free Radon test kits were provided in Eagle County; 42% of the kits used had results of high levels of radon in the home; 15 homes received a rebate for radon mitigation.
- 35 homes received an energy efficiency rebate for projects including: air-sealing, insulation, Energy Star refrigerators, programmable thermostats, Energy Star furnaces/boilers, Energy Star water heaters (storage, tankless, heat-pump), crawl space conditioning, windows, and LED lighting.
- 69 homes received a renewable energy rebate for Solar PV installed on the home.
- 26 business received a rebate for projects including: Energy Star refrigerators, LED lighting, solar PV-attached, and water heating.
- $89,550 in rebate funds provided to local homes and businesses.
- $2,905,095 in local economic stimulus from costs of rebated projects and payments to local energy analysts.
- $125,933 in annual utility cost savings estimated for local homes and businesses.
- 1,467.63 MtCO2e reduced annually, estimated, due to quick fixes and upgrades in local homes and businesses (this number includes reductions of 1,700,776 kWhs and 13,850.58 THERMs).
Are you ready to make energy efficiency improvements in your home or want to learn more about the performance of your home? The Energy Smart Colorado program locally has certified building analysts ready to assess your home and provide you with recommendations for improvements that will reduce your energy use, utility costs, and contribute to our local climate reduction goals. Energy coaches are also available to help local businesses on their path towards making their building more efficient. Connect with the Energy Programs team at Walking Mountains Sustainability today, we are here to help!