The year 2020 produced exciting results for the Energy Smart Colorado program in the Eagle Valley, administered by the Energy Programs team at Walking Mountains. Overall we reached 75% of our goals, which is great considering there was a pandemic that kept us out of homes and businesses for a significant amount of time. Following are the 2020 achievements:
- 144 homes received comprehensive home energy assessments through the Energy Smart Colorado program, visits included efficiency tips and upgrade recommendations; 123 of these homes received quick fixes installed at the visit, saving energy instantly.
- 450 free Radon test kits were provided in Eagle County; 42% of the kits used had results of high levels of radon in the home; 14 homes received a rebate for radon mitigation.
- 36 homes received an energy efficiency rebate for projects including: air-sealing, insulation, Energy Star refrigerators, programmable thermostats, Energy Star furnaces/boilers, Energy Star water heaters (storage, tankless, heat-pump), crawl space conditioning, windows, and LED lighting.
- 48 homes received a renewable energy rebate for Solar PV installed on the home. Annual production from Solar PV projects are estimated to be 498, 913 kWh.
- 31 businesses received a rebate for projects including: Energy Star refrigerators, LED lighting, solar PV-attached, and water heating.
- $90,006 in rebate funds provided to local homes and businesses.
- $2,441,979 in local economic stimulus from costs of rebated projects and payments to local energy analysts.
- $58,478 in annual utility cost savings estimated for local homes and businesses.
- 838.96 MtCO2e reduced annually, estimated, due to quick fixes and upgrades in local homes and businesses (this number includes reductions of 418,681 kWhs and 5,382 THERMs).
Are you ready to make energy efficiency improvements in your home or want to learn more about the performance of your home? The Energy Smart Colorado program locally has certified building analysts ready to assess your home and provide you with recommendations for improvements that will reduce your energy use, utility costs, and contribute to our local climate reduction goals. Energy coaches are also available to help local businesses on their path towards making their building more efficient. Connect with the Energy Programs team at Walking Mountains Sustainability today, we are here to help!