Located near Centura Health in Avon right off of I-70. An innovative natural science learning campus for residents and visitors of the Eagle Valley. Free and open to the public.

318 Walking Mountains Lane, Avon, CO 81620

Located at the top of the Eagle Bahn Gondola on Vail Mountain out of Lionshead Village, Vail. All visitors must have a pass to ride the gondola. Free and open to the public with valid gondola pass.
Nestled along Gore Creek near the Betty Ford Alpine Garden and Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail Village.
601 Vail Valley Drive, Vail, CO 81657

Walking Mountains Blog

20 Great Adventures: Discover the Natural History of Eagle County

Posted by Walking Mountains Science Center on Mar 28, 2018 7:34:00 AM
The history of a place or culture can illuminate many things – from simple facts about the past, to current laws, maps, and peoples, to how we view ourselves and our place within a larger community...
Read More

Topics: 20 Great Adventures

20 Great Adventures: Nature Journaling

Posted by Walking Mountains Science Center on Mar 21, 2018 2:11:51 PM
For our next Great Adventure, I invite you to break out a pencil and a pad of paper. If you want to get real wild, I welcome you to add some colored pencils or crayons to the mix. Have you guessed it..
Read More

Topics: 20 Great Adventures, Curious Nature

20 Great Adventures: DIY Bird Feeders

Posted by Rachel Zacher on Feb 21, 2018 2:38:32 AM
Spending time outside as a family is an incredible way to learn more about the natural world. We are lucky to live in a Valley surrounded by countless wild places. At times it often feels like we..
Read More

20 Great Adventures: Make a Volcano

Posted by Walking Mountains Science Center on Jan 24, 2018 12:00:22 PM
Want a science adventure that sticks? Let your child be the scientist. I had such an experience in fifth grade, when I demonstrated to my class the volcanoes we’d built in science class at my..
Read More

20 Great Adventures: Sit Spot

Posted by Walking Mountains Science Center on Jan 17, 2018 2:57:43 PM
If you have ever wanted to uncover the hidden mysteries of nature, then adopting a sit spot may be the perfect adventure for you. As humans we often spend time in nature moving. Be it walking,..
Read More